EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Membership Manager – Tucson, Arizona
The Community Gardens of Tucson (CGT), a Tucson non-profit which operates and manages
20 community gardens, seeks an enthusiastic, personable, and highly organized Membership
Manager. This position will foster positive interactions, productive collaborations, and strong
relationships within and across CGT’s stakeholder communities, especially with our 300-plus
gardeners and garden site coordinators. This position is for an independent contractor who excels
at database management, record-keeping, preparing reports, and working with diverse
populations and personalities by phone, email and Zoom.
● Serve as primary point of contact and liaison for communication and support with all
people interested in or participating in CGT programs. This includes new gardeners,
current gardeners, Site Coordinators, and other CGT contractors.
● Manage accurate records and prepare reports in Bloomerang, CGT’s donor management
and CRM system.
● Communicate with prospective gardeners (match with Site Coordinators, follow up,
connect with training and resources, assuring paperwork completed).
● Coordinate with Site Coordinators and Garden Operations Manager to maintain accurate
plot census and produce reports on gardener demographics, plot fees, and plot
● Coordinate with CGT bookkeeper on collecting plot fees and on other administrative
● Manage gardener fee assistance program and work exchange applications.
● Provide administrative support for fundraising activities (e.g. donor tracking, records
maintenance, report generation), including timely acknowledgment of gifts and donations
and preparation of standard letters.
● Assume responsibility for managing and timely response to incoming emails, phone calls,
and other communications to CGT (shared with Community Engagement Manager).
● Administer new CGT membership program to increase garden enrollment.
● Perform other miscellaneous tasks as set forth by CGT’s Outreach/Education and Garden
Compensation and Supervision
This position is for an independent contractor who will provide their own office space and
vehicle. The Membership Manager will be paid $16/hour up to 40 hours/month and reimbursed
$0.56/mile for work-related transportation. Hours and mileage will be reported monthly and
timely reimbursed following receipt and authorization by CGT.
The Membership Manager will work under the direction of a CGT Board Director.
The Membership Manager is a permanent position, subject to funding, and will continue until
terminated by either party. The CGT will provide on-the-job training and the opportunity to work
with the current staff during a paid transition phase.
How to Apply
Please provide a letter explaining your interest in the position, a resume or summary of relevant
past experience, and contact information for up to three personal or professional references.
Submit letters electronically to Bruce Plenk at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Melissa Mundt at email@example.com
For additional information, contact Bruce Plenk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 520 909-1389.
We are an inclusive organization and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and
perspectives and with a variety of past job experiences. We are committed to fighting racism in
and out of the garden.
The Community Gardens of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis
covered by appropriate law.